General fiction submissions will be considered for our Story of the Week series published every Friday on our website.
There is no particular style we are looking for. Diversity of style, subject matter, tone, and country of origin is important to us. We also encourage submissions of translations of works by living writers as well, with permission from the original author.
- Please include a short (up to 60 words) third-person bio in the cover letter section as well as a word count for your piece(s).
- Label your attached Microsoft Word files as ‘Your Name – TMS Fiction‘.
- Submissions should be in 1.5" line spacing, 11-pt, justified, and in Georgia font.
- Simultaneous submissions (i.e. submitting to other magazines) are permitted, but please notify us at the e-mail address below if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- We do not object to publishing previously published pieces, but permission to reprint must be obtained before you submit from the original publisher. If you choose to republish your piece with another publication, please credit The Missing Slate as the first publisher.
The Missing Slate strives to respond to submissions within three weeks, but please allow us up to six weeks before inquiring after your submission. To make an inquiry, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do NOT email your submissions to this address.